Adding file information to the header and footer of an Excel file can be done as follows:
- Under the page layout tab
- click the little arrow under print titles to expand your page setup window
- Under the header/footer tab, pick custom header or custom footer
- For each section, click the information you want to show.
- To figure out what information each option provides, just click on the buttons.
- In the center section, I added the word “Page” in front of the options
- In the right section, I added the words “Last printed: ” in front of the date field.