I like to have my communication tools at hand where I go. I find that if I don’t have them with me, then they will laugh at me when I miss an appointment, or an update.
Having said that, I don’t want to be notified of new emails when they come in. I find that very distracting and doesn’t work well for me when I am trying to concentrate.
I haven’t had a chance to set up my Outlook on my computer yet, but I did go ahead and download the Outlook app. I looked up the instructions on how to connect my exchange and after several tries, I got it to work.
- I turned off notifications for new emails. I don’t need a noise and a notification showing up in my screen to let me know when I have a work email.
- I set my signature (otherwise it just says “sent from outlook mobile”)
- I left the focused inbox on, and I will play with the swipe features and report on their usefulness.
- I did leave notifications on for the calendar.
- I wish I could turn off the annoying little circles under a calendar notice
- I wish the outlook app would show tasks so I could add tasks directly into the app without having to load them into the PC